Got Mold? Give Us a Call!
Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
It only takes a small water leak, or even excess humidity, for mold to form in your Rochester home or business. Then, mold can spread quickly through the property in as little as 48 hours. Mold can produce allergens and irritants, and it has the potential to cause other health effects. If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
Think you have mold? Give SERVPRO of the Fingerlakes a Call Today!!(585) 482-9390
Commercial Post Construction Cleaning
Post Construction Cleaning
Once the floors are down and the drywall is up, its time to remove the debris and dirt in order to lay carpet, paint, and decorate. SERVPRO of the Fingerlakes can provide the debris removal services to prepare the building for interior design.
Dehumidification and Drying
During the construction phase, a building can trap moisture. Excessive moisture could result in mold growth. If you think one of your projects may have a moisture issue, rely on SERVPRO of the Fingerlakes to provide the help you need eliminating moisture and preventing the potential for mold growth.
You want the facility to look its best when the doors open. SERVPRO of the Fingerlakes provides cleaning services to give the building that extra shine. Service include:
- Carpet, resilient and non-resilient floor prep and finish
- Ceiling, walls and fixture cleaning
- Air Duct Cleaning
- Debris Removal (if necessary)
- Window Cleaning
Call SERVPRO of the Fingerlakes Today!! (585) 482-9390
The Science of Drying
What is the Science of Drying?
The knowledge of psychrometrics is essential to restoring a water damaged structure to its preloss condition. Psychrometrics are terms used to describe the field of engineering concerned with the determination of physical and thermodynamic properties of gas-vapor mixtures. While your initial reaction may be to grab a few towels to mop up the mess and then place a fan or two around the damaged area, Victor/Canandaigua are highly trained in the science of drying. We follow strict and specific industry-approved standards to help lower the chances of any secondary damages.
If it wasn't for our knowledge and expertise, this ceiling and floor would have been lost from the damage above. We were able to make our customers disaster "Like it never even happened."
Commercial Large Loss
A water main break on Sunday caused this commercial building to have a major flood. This affected their main store area, kitchen, cafeteria, and a few offices. The water and dirt brought in from outside left a lot of damage to their business.
SERVPRO of Victor/Canandaigua was called on Monday to help clean up the mess. And the business owners were very glad they were able to save their merchandise from any further damage. They couldn't believe we were able to respond so quickly and with a large amount of drying equipment. Our customer was thrilled with the results.
SERVPRO of Victor/Canandaigua was able to make it "Like it never even happened" and they were fully operational within the same week as the loss.
What To Do Before A Storm Hits
BEFORE THE STORM
To begin preparing, you should build an emergency supply kit and make a family communication plan
Remove dead or rotting trees and branches that could fall and cause injury or damage during a severe thunderstorm.
Postpone outdoor activities.
Remember the 30/30 Lightning Safety Rule: Go indoors if, after seeing lightning, you cannot count to 30 before hearing thunder. Stay indoors for 30 minutes after hearing the last clap of thunder.
Secure outdoor objects that could blow away or cause damage.
Get inside a home, building, or hard top automobile (not a convertible). Although you may be injured if lightning strikes your car, you are much safer inside a vehicle than outside.
- Remember, rubber-soled shoes and rubber tires provide NO protection from lightning. However, the steel frame of a hard-topped vehicle provides increased protection if you are not touching metal.
Shutter windows and secure outside doors. If shutters are not available, close window blinds, shades or curtains.
Unplug any electronic equipment well before the storm arrives
CALL SERVPRO of the Finger Lakes TODAY!! (585)482-9390
What To Do During A Storm
DURING THE STORM
- Use a battery-operated NOAA Weather Radio for updates from local officials.
- Avoid contact with corded phones. Use a corded telephone only for emergencies. Cordless and cellular telephones are safe to use.
- Avoid contact with electrical equipment or cords. Unplug appliances and other electrical items such as computers and turn off air conditioners. Power surges from lightning can cause serious damage.
- Avoid contact with plumbing. Do not wash your hands, do not take a shower, do not wash dishes, and do not do laundry. Plumbing and bathroom fixtures can conduct electricity.
- Stay away from windows and doors, and stay off porches.
- Do not lie on concrete floors and do not lean against concrete walls.
- Avoid hilltops, open fields, the beach or a boat on the water.
- Take shelter in a sturdy building. Avoid isolated sheds or other small structures in open spaces.
- Avoid contact with anything metal - tractors, farm equipment, motorcycles, golf carts, golf clubs, and bicycles.
- If you are not driving, try to safely exit the roadway and park. Stay in the vehicle and turn on the emergency flashers until the heavy rain ends. Avoid touching metal or other surfaces that conduct electricity in and outside the vehicle.
CALL SERVPRO of the Finger Lakes TODAY!! (585)483-9390
What To Do After A Storm Hits
AFTER THE STORM
- Never drive through a flooded roadway.
- stay away from storm-damaged areas to keep from putting yourself at risk from the effects of severe thunderstorms.
- Continue to listen to a NOAA Weather Radio or to local radio and television stations for updated information or instructions, as access to roads or some parts of the community may be blocked.
- Help people who may require special assistance, such as infants, children and the elderly or those with access or functional needs.
- Stay away from downed power lines and report them immediately.
- Watch your animals closely. Keep them under your direct control.
- If you have storm damage to your home or property, call SERVPRO of the Finger Lakes! Timely mitigation is key to minimizing damage to your home and belongings.
CALL SERVPRO of the Finger Lakes TODAY!! (585)482-9390
SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile
It is estimated that up to 50% of businesses that close due to a disaster, such as a fire and a flood, never reopen! Of the businesses that survive, the overwhelming majority of them had preparedness plan in place. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind. Preparation is a key component for making it through any size disaster., whether it's a small water leak, a large fire, or an area flood. The best time to plan for such events is not when the event happens, but well before it happens.
By developing a SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile for your business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
No one ever plans on a disaster, but you can plan for it! Now is the time to ask yourself "Are you ready for whatever happens?"
Call SERVPRO of the Finger Lakes Today for your COMPLIMENTARY ERP!! (585)482-9390
SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile Advantages
Advantages of the ERP Program
- A no cost assessment of your facility.
- This means this is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost.
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects, but it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
- This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action
- Establishes SERVPRO of the Finger Lakes as you disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
- You have a provider that is recognized as an industry leader and close by.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
- This saves time so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valves locations, priority areas and priority contact information.
- Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are "Ready for whatever happens"
Call SERVPRO of Finger Lakes for your FREE Emergency Ready Profile Today!! (585)482-9390
Fire Damage in Rochester NY
Electrical Fire Damage in Kitchen
An unknown electrical issue caused the fire damage in this house in Rochester. The fire happened luckily while the homeowner was not home.
This photo is from the kitchen and although it looks as if the fire may have started in this room due to the damage, it actually started in the family room next to the kitchen. The fire damage is so severe, there is very little able to be salvaged from this home. The only salvageable items will be from the basement below, since smoke rises and the 2nd floor was heavily affected as well.
We were called in to see if there is anything we could possibly salvage for this customer. And they were very happy to know there is a company like ours that can save some of her sentimental items and not all is lost.